It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that applications are open for admissions to DISTANCE LEARNING Degree Programmes of Study at Njala University for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
General Admission Requirements
ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR TEACHERS CERTIFICATE (3 YEARS DURATION)To be eligible, applicant should have:
- Two(2) G.C.E. ‘O’ level or WASSCE
- Completed Form 5 or SSS 3 and pass the University entrance Exam in Mathematics, English and General Studies
- Have at least two years of teaching experience and pass the University entrance examination in Mathematics and General Studies.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR HIGHER TEACHERS CERTIFICATE (PRIMARY) (3 YEARS)To be eligible, applicant must have:
- Three (3) WASSCE/GCE Credits including English Language in not more than two sittings
- Obtained a Teacher Certificate with at least two( (2) years of teaching experience from an approved school with School Identification Number (SID).
ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR HIGHER TEACHERS CERTIFICATE (SECONDARY)(3 YEARS)
- Applicant should have four (4) credit or better in relevant subject areas including English in not more than two sittings.
- Have Higher Teachers Certificate (Primary with at least three GCE O’ Level or WASSCE including English Language in not more than two sittings.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (4 YEARS)The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a four year, distance programme offering specialization in Early childhood development and secondary school specializations in two teaching subjects. To be eligible for this programme, applicant should have:
- Five (5) credits GCE O’ Level/WASSCE/NVQ with unit 5 or better including English Language in not more than two sittings. In the case of WAEC only grades varying from 1-6 are recognized as GCE O Level credits passed and A1-C6 for WASSCE
- Obtained a Higher Teachers Certificate (Secondary with 4 GCE O’ Level/WASSCE including English in not more than two sittings
- Obtained a Higher Teachers Certificate (Primary) with four GCE O’ Level/WASSCE including English Language in not more than two sittings with three year teaching experience.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (1 YEAR, 6 MONTHS) (18 MONTHS)Applicant should have a degree with division two or better from a recognized university with at least a year working experience
APPLICANTS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of application shall be considered.
- Applicants (excluding awaiting results candidates) shall include in their application certified true copies of their results slips and/or certificates of WASSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level and School Leaving Testimonials.
- Applicants shall include a certified true copy of their birth certificate or Sworn Declaration of age
- Applicants shall include one passport size photograph with a light green background, which must be endorsed
- An applicant’s failure to input examination details (i.e. Index number and year of exams) and/ or other relevant information properly online shall deny the applicant admission to a programme of study at the university
- Admissions to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered without any other considerations and/ or solicitations:
- Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- An applicant who makes a false declaration or withholds relevant information may be refused admission. In the case where a student has enrolled, he/she will be withdrawn, and may be prosecuted.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: All prospective wishing to gain admission into Njala University for the 2019/2020 Academic year MUST apply via the University online admissions portal at: https://app.njala.edu.sl and complete the application process online. Applicants are to use the Login and Password generated online for this purpose.